Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Final Evaluation of my project

I am really pleased with my final project and think the magazine i designed has worked really well. I wanted to use two sets of images to add a contrast from the outdoor shots into a studio set-up. I decided to do this by having the first section in black and white and the studio side in bold colour. I did have a few problems during this project, which include:
- availability of models - i often had to work my time schedule around them and when was best for them. This often to led to weather problems, i resolved this by having several different locations that where suitable and depending on which model was available and also the weather conditions would depend on the location and time of day. I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to use a professional model for the second photo shoot. This was really helpful as she felt very comfortable in front of the camera and knew which poses worked well and those which didn't. With the models i spoke to them and gave them a brief on what i wanted to achieve. I gave them images which i had found inspiration and they worked from these to create new positions as a team. I asked them not to smile as i felt that smiling on fashion shots can cross a line between fashion and catalogue modelling.
- camera problems - after having the sensor on my camera cleaned incorrectly leaving smear marks on the sensor i had to re-shoot my studio shots as the majority of the photographs where unusable. This was very annoying for me as i could see that the photographs where strong but the lines on them made them poor quality and therefore unuseable.
- printing problems - the website i used had a quite poor layout system and because i had some a3 images seperated onto having each half on an a4 piece i had to work out whether the pages would link up. I did the first print up wrong and had to re-order it but there where a few changes i wanted to make.
My magazine in 30 pages, as some of the images are double pages i have probably used around 24 images. Because i wanted my magazine to be used in a fashion magazine such as asos i incoprated some examples of text, i didn't do this on all of the images as i didn't want to change my project into a piece of media but at the same time i wanted to give examples of what could be used. I therefore felt that i used the perfect amount of images as i wanted to show different examples of the skills i learnt. For example i developed on my studio skills, my outdoor shots, working with different types of light and also my photoshop knowledge and use of text was also developed. I feel if i was to have printed out a selection of images rather than creating a magazine i might not have used as many images as finals but i think the composition of what i have done works well and fits the brief i set myself at the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment