Monday, March 09, 2009

Ben Rayner

Ben Rayner –
Ben Rayner is a London based photographer who works closely with a number of different magazines. I found his work in Wonderland magazine.
These three photographs by Ben Rayner are influential images to the work I want to create. The use of the background being obviously outdoors in a woodland area yet being blurred out works really well. When discussing my work with others in the group we discussed the idea of the backgrounds and how they can completely alter the image. I also like how the background links to the style of clothing that the model is wearing, both very casual. As I want to use a similar clothing style these photographs gave me good ideas for what kind of background to use.
I also considered the layout of the photographs I felt that the photograph with a smaller photograph imposed on works well. I felt it was different to other fashion shoots and that it would work well with advertising as you can see more of the clothing range.

No comments:

Post a Comment