Monday, March 02, 2009

Matthew Burditt

http://www.matthewburditt.org/

This photographer is based in Vancouver who works mainly in beauty, portraiture and fashion. I like his use of quite natural looking models and the causal look really appeals to the type of work i wish to create.

I like his use of lighting within his work. As i want to create black and white images the lighting is very important as to get contrast and tones into the image without the use of colour. I want to create a range of whites greys and black tones into my images in quite powerful ways. I like the way he uses the lighting within the photograph of the female model in the white dress. The strip of light on the diagonal with the corners darkened creates a strong and effective image.

His backgrounds are often quite plain which is what i want to use as to not distract the eye away from the model and their clothing.

Modeling positions. I think this is very important to create a strong and effective image. I have used some of these poses as inspiration for when taking my own photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment